Welcome to the Provenance Section. Below, we have tried to answer the most common questions visitors to our Web site may have. If you find that your question is not answered on this page, please e-mail us.
1. How do we know if props are original and genuine?
We work with most of the production teams that work in British and American Studios. We aquire pieces direct from the Heads of Department and this way we know that the piece is guaranteed authentic. We also deal in pieces and only get them from respectable M.P.A. dealers.
2. How much is my prop worth?
We value props according to
a. The film they are from;
b. The provenance they come with;
c. Their prominence in the final release of the movie;
d. the craftsmanship that has gone into the piece;
e. How many there are!
3. Are Film props a good investment?
In our opinion and experience yes! However, the older props from classic movies are far more valuable than modern pieces, as many production companies now sell off all the pieces after shooting. This didn’t happen before.
4. I want to start collecting, but dont know what to buy!
- When you first start off collecting, you need to consider a few things; how much do you want to spend? What films are your favourite? Who should I buy from?
- The first two can only be answered by yourself. The third is relatively easy to answer, you should only buy from respectable dealers. click HERE for a list of the top reputable dealers in the country.